Active MembersRetirees & BeneficiariesEmployersGeneral Information

Social Security for Retirees

Social Security for Retirees

In some instances, the calculation of your Social Security benefits may be affected by the TRS benefits that you receive. While TRS is not able to provide information regarding possible reductions to your Social Security benefits, retirees should contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800- 772-1213 for information on possible offsets or reductions to these benefits. You may also visit the Social Security Administration website for information on topics such as the Government Pension Offset (GPO) and the Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP). When authorized by you, TRS can verify the date you were first eligible for a TRS retirement benefit and the amount of your benefit. If you need this information, contact TRS and request "TRS Benefit Information" form (TRS 562).

Resize Text with buttons to the rightSet a Normal Text SizeSet a Large Text SizeSet an Extra Large  Text Size

Download PDF Viewer

Find us on:
Facebook Icon  YouTube Icon 
LinkedIn Icon  Twitter Icon

Download PDF ViewerDownload PDF Viewer
[ back to Top ]